The Dane County Farmers’ Market, Inc. is an organization founded to pursue the following goals: • To give growers and producers of Wisconsin agricultural commodities and other farm-related products alternative marketing opportunities.
- To promote the sale of Wisconsin-grown farm products.
- To improve the variety, freshness, taste and nutritional value of produce available in the Madison area.
- To provide an opportunity for farmers and people from urban communities to deal directly with each other rather than through third parties, and to thereby get to know and learn from one another.
- To provide an educational forum for consumers to learn the uses and benefits of quality, locally grown or prepared food products.
- To provide educational opportunities for producers to test and refine their products and marketing skills.
- To enhance the quality of life in the greater Madison area by providing a community activity which fosters social gathering and interaction.
- To preserve Wisconsin’s unique agricultural heritage and the historical role which farmers’ markets have played in it.