Big Pizza Pie
Posted on August 01, 2017 | General News
We love packing summer's bounty of the sweeter kind into pies, but how about topping a big pizza pie with the flavors of summer?
Here's the formula!
- Grab your crust! Grab a baguette, mix your own dough, or use some local tortillas. Interested in a heartier crust? Here's a tasty whole-grain pizza dough recipe.
- Prepare your sauce! For a simple, but flavorful sauce, combine market garlic with fresh herbs in an olive-oil based white sauce. You can also make your own tomato pizza sauce with paste tomatoes from market...
- Choose your toppings! This is where the fun begins. Interested in trying something new? Have picky eaters? Need to feed a crowd? Pizza is the answer to all of these questions. Here are some of our favorite combinations - all of which you can find at Wednesday Market!
- Basil + Mozzarella + Cherry Tomatoes
- Sweet Corn + Zucchini + Onion
- Sauteed Beef + Shredded Jalapeno Cheddar + Onion - (once it comes out of the oven - throw fresh chopped cilantro and some halved cherry tomatoes on top). The powers of Taco Night and Pizza Night combine!
- Roasted Beet + Arugula + Honey...Roasted beets also go great with caramelized onions and goat cheese.
- Roasted Cauliflower + Cheese Curds + Potatoes.... sort of like this.