Cheesy Andouille Cauliflower Tots + Spicy Remoulade
Posted from Julie, the Gourmet RD on August 09, 2017 | Recipe
Tots are all the rage, and for good reason. These cauliflower tots are loaded with andouille sausage and dipped in a spicy remoulade. You can have a piece of NOLA and eat your veggies, too.
This recipe is from WI Whisk food blogger, the Gourmet RD.
- 1 small head (about 2 cups cut into florets) cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. chopped andouille sausage
- 1/4 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. each coarse salt, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- SPICY REMOULADE
- 1/4 c. mayonaisse
- 1-2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp dill pickles
- 2 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 clove, chopped garlic
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Place in a glass bowl and microwave 3-4 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large kitchen towel and squeeze to drain water. Place back into the glass bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, cheese, sausage, breadcrumbs, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper until very well combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon mixture and roll it into tator tot shape with your hands. Place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture and place tots about 2 inches apart. Bake 15-18 minutes, until tots are firm and golden brown. Allow to slightly cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, hot sauce, dill pickles, whole grain mustard and garlic. Serve cauliflower tots with spicy remoulade.