Posted on June 30, 2017 | Vendor Profile
6 Juicy QuestionsGet to know your favorite DCFM members!
|Member: Robert Gehm of Link's Greenhouse
Years with the DCFM: 32
- What's your favorite product you grow and why? Winter squash. Many people haven't tried the sweeter, smooth textured squashes like Delicata and Honeynut...after trying, many are convinced!
- What is your favorite part of the Dane County Farmers' Market? Socializing with fellow farmers and regular customers. (Editor's note: We are detecting a pattern here...almost ALL of our members love seeing YOU, the customer, each week!)
- If you weren't a farmer, what would your occupation be and why? I have many times joked that had I continued on to grad school, I'd be working for Monsanto or Syngenta pulling in a 6-figure salary and would spend my weekends at my luxurious lake house up North!
- What's your favorite word? Parthenocarpic (Editor's Note: We had to look that one up too! You can find out more here.)
- What's your current indulgence? Blackberry brandy (Editor's Note: Rob answered this during the late winter, so you may need to inquire about any new indulgences!)
- What's one thing patrons wouldn't know about you? That I grew up in the City of Milwaukee, the product of a parochial education all the way through high school. Though I always loved the country - open spaces and less congestion!