Posted on May 11, 2017 | Vendor Profile
|6 Juicy Questions|
Get to know your favorite DCFM members!
|Member: Ted and Joan Ballweg of Savory Accents
Years with the DCFM: 35
1. What's your favorite product you make and why? Chili peppers, of course. Our favorite product is the chili jam. The delectable and unique flavor is derived from 7-10 chilies fermented for 8-10 months. It makes the perfect glaze.
2. What is your favorite part of the Dane County Farmers' Market? Meeting and talking with people. We also enjoy time spent with fellow vendors and sharing stories.
3. If you weren't a farmer and pepper product maker what would your occupation be and why?Marketing executive or business entrepreneur
4. What's your favorite word? Synergy
5. What's your current indulgence? Chili vinegar! Just to drink or for pulled pork or spicy salads.
6. What's one thing patrons wouldn't know about you? Joan is fluent in French and lived in France during college.