Posted on August 24, 2017 | Vendor Profile
6 Juicy Questions
Get to know your favorite DCFM members!
Member: Tim Patterson, pictured above with wife Jaimie West, from Patterson Sugar Bush
Years with the DCFM: This is our first season
- What's your favorite product you make and why? We have done some test runs making granular maple sugar and hope to have it available this season. It makes baking a snap - no adjusting for liquid syrup.
- What is your favorite part of the Dane County Farmers' Market? How it brings together every Wisconsonite, from the Madisonian regulars to the families visiting for football.
- If you weren't making maple syrup, what would your occupation be and why? I am a musician! I play percussion and drums for Afrobeat, Brazilian, classical, folk rock, and African dance groups.
- What's your favorite word? Shradhanjali - meaning thanks to my teachers in Sanskrit.
- What's your current indulgence? I make the best carrot-maple-ginger cake with maple-cream cheese frosting. Maple everything!
- What's one thing patrons wouldn't know about you? I recently visited Cambodia with my wife - it was amazing!