WI Whisk Recipe of the Week - Fried Eggs with Kale and Mushrooms
Posted from Hip Foodie Mom on November 08, 2017 | Recipe
Hip Foodie Mom shares this delicious, simple recipe - perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on a chilly day!
- 1-2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms. sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Serve with breakfast potatoes and salsa
1. Using a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. After a minute or so, add the kale, onions, mushrooms and garlic and sauté until tender, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low, and crack the eggs into the pan, on top of the sautéed kale and spinach. Alternatively, you can push the greens to make 4 wells and crack the eggs into each well. Cover with the lid and let cook for about 4 minutes, or until the yolk is cooked to the desired level of doneness, but I would not cook the egg for longer than 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, and sprinkle on the freshly grated cheddar cheese. Serve with salsa and roasted potatoes. Enjoy.