The Dane County Farmers’ Market is proud to participate in the EBT/FoodShare program. Good nutrition is important for all of us, regardless of age, income level, or circumstance. And there is no better way to good nutrition and good health than through locally-grown and raised, natural products.
What is FoodShare?
FoodShare is Wisconsin’s version of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the federal program formerly known as food stamps.
How does it work?
The Dane County Farmers' Market has adapted market operations due to COVID-19. We are currently operating Wednesday Local Food Pick Ups and piloting a Saturday Market, both at Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center.
- Driving thru to pick up pre-orders? Check out our SNAP Pick Up instructions here! Place a pre-order on our WhatsGood online store, swipe your Quest card for the total, and drive-thru to pick up your pre-orders Wednesdays from 3 - 5:30 pm and on Saturdays from 7 - 9 am.
- Picking up pre-orders on foot? You can pick up your DCFM pre-orders on foot, but you still must swipe your Quest card in advance. Navigate to the green EBT booth shown with a star in this map and state that you have placed a SNAP pre-order on WhatsGood. Your Double Dollars match will be calculated and your card will be swiped for the balance remaining on your pre-orders. You can swipe your card for your pre-orders picked up on foot between 9:30 am - Noon on Saturdays and between 5:30 - 6 pm on Wednesdays.
- Wanting to spontaneously shop our Saturday Market? You can swipe your Quest card for green market dollars to spend at our vendors’ booths on SNAP-eligible products. If you haven’t already ‘doubled your dollars’ with a pre-order, you can also get a $1 for $1 match thru October 31st with our Double Dollars program. Your Double Dollars match is provided via plastic tokens. Visit our EBT booth to swipe your Quest card between 9:30 am - Noon. Remember, walk-up sales are only available on Saturdays!
What can I buy with my Quest card?
You can spend your EBT benefits on any edible items on the DCFM online store on WhatsGood. SNAP eligible products include bakery goods, fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy products, edible plant seedlings, pickles, jams, and more. SNAP/EBT cannot be used to buy nonfood items (like cut flowers, hemp products, soaps, and yarn).
The Double Dollars matching program will run July 1st, 2020 thru October 31st, 2020.
The program has been extended thru the end of October.
Madison Area Farmers’ Market Double Dollars is a program for SNAP/FoodShare users. The program offers a dollar for dollar match for all SNAP transactions up to $25 per market day.
We have adjusted our market operations in response to COVID-19. Patrons can pre-order via our DCFM online farmers' market store on WhatsGood. How many Double Dollars a patron will be 'issued' at the pick up depend on how much in SNAP-eligible products they purchased. Here are some reminders:
- For pre-orders placed on our WhatsGood online store for Wednesday or Saturday: SNAP users should only click 'Pay Later with SNAP' for SNAP eligible products. If a SNAP user wants to also purchase non-SNAP eligible items, they should complete a separate transaction and pay with a credit or debit card. SNAP users will be matched $1 for $1 up to $25 per day. The Double Dollars match will be applied to the pre-ordered total much like an electronic coupon.
- For walk-up purchases at our Saturday Market: In order to receive Double Dollars, SNAP/FoodShare users bring their Quest EBT card to the farmers’ market EBT or information booth. The shopper decides how much they would like to withdraw from their account, then receives market money and Double Dollars that are each worth $1. Every shopper gets a dollar-for-dollar match up to $25, doubling what they withdraw.
Double Dollars can only be used on any SNAP eligible products - just like EBT.
How do I get FoodShare benefits?
If you don’t have FoodShare benefits but think you may qualify, you can apply online at https://access.wisconsin.gov/. For FoodShare application assistance, call 877-FOOD-365 (877-366-3635), text FOODSHARE to 555888, or visit GetAQuestCard.org.