Cucumber Sushi Rolls
Posted from Julie from the Gourmet RD on August 23, 2017 | Recipe
If you love sushi, these Spicy Tuna Cucumber Sushi Rolls are the best way to use up all of those cucumbers popping up at the Market. Tuna, jalapeno, radishes, avocado, sushi rice and Sriracha mayo rolled up in thinly sliced cucumber will be your favorite new veggie-packed, no-cook meal.
Contributed by our WI Whisk featured blogger, Julie from the Gourmet RD.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 c. mayo or cream cheese
- 1 T. Siracha (or other hot sauce!)
- 1/4 c. sushi rice, cooked and chilled
- 5 oz can tuna
- 1 medium jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 T. pickled ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish
- soy sauce for serving
- Chop cucumber crosswise into two equal-sized pieces. Use a peeler or knife to cut cucumber into thin lengthwise pieces. Cucumber pieces should be thin enough to roll, but not tear. Lay cucumber slices on a cutting board to assemble.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise/cream cheese and Sriracha. Spread a thin layer of Sriracha mayo on each cucumber slice. About 1 inch from the end of each cucumber slice, place a small scoop of rice and tuna, then layer with a few slices of jalapeno, a slice of avocado, a few radish matchsticks and a piece of pickled ginger. Season each with a dash of salt and pepper. Roll each, tucking the filling ingredients tightly in. Secure with a toothpick until ready to eat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce.
- *Note: If you tire of rolling or have leftover ingredients, layer the rice and veggies in a bowl and top with Sriracha mayo.
By Julie Andrews
Adapted from Delish