Dane County Farmers' Market opens Local Food Pick Ups at Alliant Energy Center starting April 22nd
Posted on April 17, 2020 | General News
DCFM moves pick-up pilots and launches new online market place in partnership with WhatsGood
Beginning on Wednesday, April 22 and continuing on Wednesdays and Saturdays for the foreseeable future, the DCFM will be hosting Local Food Pick Ups at Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center.
The Local Food Pick Ups at Willow Island are based on the pick-up pilots hosted earlier this spring by the Dane County Farmers’ Market. To participate in the Local Food Pick Ups, customers must pre-order their products. In partnership with WhatsGood, the DCFM will be launching an online marketplace that will provide a unified shopping experience where customers may place one order that includes as many of the participating DCFM members’ products that they wish to purchase. Customers will then come to Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center to drive-thru and pick up their products directly from each farmer or small food business that they pre-ordered from.
Note: We are continuing to onboard our farmers onto the online store and they are quickly adding their inventory! Due to the timeline for this first pick up, our WhatsGood online market place will launch Monday morning on April 20th! For future pick ups, the online store will be available much more in advance of the pick up.
Once again these Pick Ups are not farmers' markets. The basic gist?
- Download the WhatsGood app or create an account at sourcewhatsgood.com. (You will only have to do this one time). You can do this step only before Monday 4/20, but remember, our store will not be available until Monday! **If you would like to pay with EBT, please send us an email AFTER you have created your WhatsGood account so we can set it up**
- Click on 'Markets' and then by entering in your location or typing 'Madison, WI', the Dane County Farmers' Market will be your top hit.
- Click on the Dane County Farmers' Market and click to 'Start shopping from this Market!'
- Select your desired pick up date and then start shopping!
- You can find products by browsing the product list alphabetically, by farmer, by category (e.g. produce vs. meat), and by typing the item into the search bar.
- Add your desired items to your cart and check out for ALL your vendors with 1 transaction! For the Wednesday pick-up, order by noon on Tuesday. For the Saturday pick-up, order by noon on Thursday. The store may close earlier due to customer order volumes.
- Drive-thru the Local Food Pick Up during your assigned pick-up time (see time slots here) and our vendors will place your orders in your vehicles.
Vendors will be arranged along the periphery of Willow Island as shown below. There will be a pick-up lane close to the vendor row. To the right of the pick up lane will be a passing and exit lane, so patrons can 'skip ahead' to vendors they ordered from and/or leave easily whenever they are finished picking up their pre-orders.