DCFM seeks applicants for Market Manager position
Posted on January 18, 2021 | General News
After serving the market for 5 seasons, our Market Manager Sarah Elliott is moving on to pursue new professional opportunities.
We want to celebrate just a few of the amazing things that Sarah and her team accomplished during that time:
- Facilitated DCFM's rebranding with fresh logos, tagline, and website with the wonderful local design firm Swink Inc.
- Year after year, guided the market to a strong financial footing with a rainy day fund that has been crucial during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Implemented a third-party inspection program to ensure that our market members are maintaining the integrity of the DCFM
- Successfully moved our Late Winter Market to the historic Garver Feed Mill
- Successfully pivoted our 'Art Fair Market' to Breese Stevens Field
- Continues to lead the DCFM during the pandemic - including immediately pivoting operations to drive-thru pick ups, successfully partnering with WhatsGood, and in partnership with our friends at FairShare CSA Coalition helped fundraise close to $50,000 in emergency aid for our farmers
The DCFM is one of the largest and most successful producer-only farmers' markets in the United States. We are seeking applicants for the Market Manager position with a diverse skill set, passion, and energy to lead the organization.
Please check out our full job posting and share widely with your networks!
Sarah will continue to serve as the Market Manager for the next few months to ensure a smooth transition. Please give her a big wave and thank you if you see her at the pick ups!