Local Food Pick Up Pilot - Week 2
Posted on March 27, 2020 | General News
The first Local Food Pick Up Pilots went very smoothly and so we are continuing with the pilot and further experimenting to deliver the best and safest customer experience!
Instead of 2 dates with 8 - 10 vendors each, we will do 1 date this week with 15 - 20 vendors.This week's Local Food Pick Up will be on Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
This is still a Local Food Pick Up - not a farmers' market. The basic gist? You check out the vendor and product list (link provided below), place your pre-orders with each farmer individually, and day of drive-up and our farmers place your orders inside your vehicle. Many of our farmers are offering fun bundles too that will keep your pantry, freezer, and bellies full!
Here's how it works:
- Check out which farmers are participating, what products they are offering, and how to connect with them. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
- Place orders directly with any (and all!) of the farmers from whom you would like to purchase products. Most will also arrange virtual payment. If not, pre-written checks should be written and bring them the day-of to hand off. We will accept EBT payments. If you wish to pay with EBT, please place your pre-order and then the day of the Local Food Pick Up, we will complete the EBT transaction.
- On Wednesday, April 1, between 4pm and 6pm - ideally during your assigned time slot shown below - come to the parking lot of the Garver Feed Mill to pick up your products. Customers may not exit their vehicles. Customers that live nearby or are taking the bus can walk up, but should check-in first at the EBT station labeled in the map above.
We have assigned pick-ups based upon the first letter of your last name.
- A thru F = 4:00 - 4:30pm
- G thru L = 4:30 - 5:00pm
- M thru R = 5:00 - 5:30pm
- S thru Z = 5:30 - 6:00pm
We will be maintaining very strict precautionary measures:
- Cash transactions are prohibited.
- Vendors booths will be spaced at least 10 feet apart from each other.
- Only one customer may visit a vendor at a time.
- All customers must maintain proper social distances between other customers and DCFM vendors
- All products will be pre-bagged.
- DCFM vendors will be taking extra precautions to disinfect all surfaces every 15 minutes.
During our pick-up pilot this Wednesday, some Garver Feed Mill tenants will also be offering select products for pre-order and curbside pick-up! Order with Ian's Pizza, Surya Cafe, and NessAlla Kombucha. Big thanks to Garver Feed Mill for being generous and loyal partners while we navigate this local food pick up pilot!
Thanks for participating and supporting your local farmers. Stay well!