Recipe of the Week - Banh Burgers
Posted on June 12, 2019 | Recipe
This burger recipe from Wisconsin from Scratch is inspired by the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich and features a spicy sriracha mayo, quick-pickled spring veggies, and a savory pork burger. Make this the feature of your next grill-out!
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 c carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 c cucumber, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 c rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion (green parts only)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp salt
- thinly sliced jalapeno or serrano peppers
- cilantro sprigs
- Hawaiian King rolls (for sliders) or Hawaiian King hamburger buns
1. To make spicy mayo, mix mayo, sriracha, and 1 finely chopped green onion until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. For pickled veggies, combine the carrots and cucumbers with the salt and sugar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then drain, put in a jar or bowl with the rice wine vinegar and enough water to cover them completely. Let sit while you prepare the burgers.
3. For the burgers, mix pork and next 6 ingredients (through salt) together in a large bowl until fully combined. Shape into patties. You should be able to get 4 regular sized patties or 8 slider sized patties. Grill burgers until they reach desired degree of doneness.
4. To assemble, cut buns in half and put 1 burger on each bun. Top with pickled veggies, sliced jalapeno peppers, cilantro sprigs, and spicy mayo.