Recipe of the Week - Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
Posted on July 03, 2018 | Recipe
Want to start your day with a full serving of veggies plus two servings of fruit? This nutritional powerhouse from Create Kids Club is the perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
- 1 cup spinach
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 frozen overripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tsp (or to taste) maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese (or yogurt, Greek yogurt, etc.)
- To the blender, add blueberries, banana, spinach, almond milk, and maple syrup.
- Blend until smooth, scraping sides as you go.
- Stack layers of cottage cheese, smoothie, and additional toppings of choice.
- Repeat until your glass is filled.
Great topping & layering options: granola, flax seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, nuts, dried fruit, or dry cereal.