Recipe of the Week - Chai Spiced Roasted Apples
Posted on January 22, 2020 | Recipe
Frigid temperatures call for spiced and roasted apples! No need to fumble with a crust - make this apple pie filling from Wisconsin from Scratch and eat as you see fit. Top vanilla ice cream, pair with your morning oatmeal, or eat straight with a spoon.
- 6 large baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground cardamon
- 1/2 tsp. each of ground cloves, ground allspice, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter and mix until well combined.
3. Spread apples on prepared baking sheet in an even layer and sprinkle the butter pieces evenly over the top. Bake at 400 degrees until apples are soft, about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm atop ice cream, oatmeal, yogurt and granola, etc.