Recipe of the Week - Crunchy Bok Choy Salad
Posted from Fairshare CSA's cookbook, From Asparagus to Zucchini on June 06, 2018 | Recipe
Crunchy bok choy, aromatic herbs, and a little punch of ginger! This salad has everything you need to embrace the veggies you'll find at Market this week.
This recipe is from Fairshare CSA's cookbook, From Asparagus to Zucchini. The cookbook is a great resource for people who want to make the most of local and seasonal produce. To find out more about Fairshare CSA Coalition or From Asparagus to Zucchini, visit csacoalition.org. And they just launched the registration for the 2018 Bike the Barns! Check it out!
- 1 medium bok choy
- 1 cup daikon radish, shredded (feel free to substitute another radish, if you'd like!)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup slivered bell peppers, try red, orange, or yellow
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger knob, grated
- 2 Tbsp each fresh mint and cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- pepper, to taste
1. Thin-slice the bok choy leaves. Thinly slice the stems on the diagonal.
2. Toss bok choy leaves and stems, and the shredded radish, with salt in colander. Let stand to wilt vegetables, about 1/2 hour.
3. Rinse, drain, and squeeze out excess liquid from mixture. Place in paper or cotton towels and squeeze again.
4. Toss with remaining ingredients in bowl and chill before serving.
Makes 6 servings