Recipe of the Week - Curried Cauliflower Soup with Sweet Potato and Swiss Cheese
Posted on January 23, 2019 | Recipe
Snowy days call for soup and this recipe from the Domestic Dreamboat fits the bill. Spiced winter veggies with shredded cheese mixed in? Yes please!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large leeks (tender white and light green parts only), thinly sliced and washed (about 2 cups)
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 medium head cauliflower)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup wild rice, or wild rice blend
- 5 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until leeks soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, curry powder and ground cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cauliflower, sweet potato and wild rice and cook for another minute. Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft and wild rice is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in evaporated milk and Swiss cheese; stir until cheese is melted. If desired, blend partially with an immersion blender.