Recipe of the Week - Grated Parsnip Apple Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing
Posted on October 10, 2018 | Recipe
Put a little zip into your (rainy) fall days with this delicious recipe from FairShare CSA Coalition's From Asparagus to Zucchini Cookbook - a great resource for people who want to make the most of local and seasonal produce. To find out more, visit csacoalition.org
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon (or juice from half a small regular lemon and juice from half an orange)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4-5 Tablespoons olive oil (or substitute sunflower oil!)
- 3 cups parsnips, peeled and shredded
- 1 and 1/2 cups apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup, loosely packed Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mix lemon juice and mustard; whisk in the olive oil in a thin stream.
Combine parsnips, apples, and parsley in a bowl; toss with dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately or chill 1/2 hour.
Makes 6 servings.