Recipe of the Week - Maple Walnut Baked Oatmeal
Posted on March 06, 2019 | Recipe
Maple Walnut Baked Oatmeal with Caramelized Pears is a great healthy breakfast to feed guests for brunch, or a quick breakfast to keep in the fridge for the workweek. Brought to you by local food blogger, Domestic Dreamboat.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 3 c. rolled oats
- 2/3 c. coarsely chopped walnuts (or hickory nuts)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 c. milk
- yogurt for serving (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in brown sugar. Add sliced pears and cook until browned and softened, stirring often for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9 inch (or similar sized) baking or casserole dish.
- While pears are cooking, stir together oats, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and milk.
- Pour the milk mixture into the oat mixture and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Arrange the caramelized pears on top of the oat mixture. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate to eat over the course of a few days. Serve with your choice of sweetened or unsweetened yogurt as desired.