Recipe of the Week - Mini Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata
Posted on February 06, 2019 | Recipe
Whether you are cooking up a Galentine's Brunch or you want to whip up a a yummy breakfast-in-bed spread, this mini sweet potato and spinach frittata recipe from the Create Kids Club is a great addition! Pick up farm fresh eggs, spinach, sweet potatoes, and your cheddar of choice from market.
- 1 small sweet potato, shredded or spiralized
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Divide shredded sweet potato evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- While baking, whisk eggs, milk, and spices.
- Add spinach and 1/2 cup cheese to egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture on top of baked sweet potatoes.
- Top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.