Recipe of the Week - Ratatouille
Posted on August 22, 2018 | Recipe
Ratatouille is a classic late summer recipe - a perfect way to combine tomatoes, onions, zucchini, and basil. This recipe from the Dairyland Cook is the perfect way to shine a spotlight on these summer veggies! Serve with some bread and a side salad, and you're all set!
- 1/4 cup Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 smaller ones), sliced 1/4 inch
- 4 tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, spread the Homemade Marinara Sauce around the bottom. Layer the zucchini and tomato alternating starting from the outside and working your way into the center. Since I had yellow and red tomatoes, I alternated red then yellow. Sprinkle the sliced onion on top and drizzle the olive oil on top, then add the basil and salt and pepper. Place a piece of cut parchment paper on top.
- Bake the dish for 30 minutes. Then remove from the oven, remove the parchment paper, and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and a little bubbly.