Recipe of the Week - Rhubarb Coffee Cake Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Posted on May 29, 2019 | Recipe
We admit that we are always looking for an excuse to bake with rhubarb. This springtime veggie is tart and refreshing - the perfect complement to a sweet and tender cake! Bake up this recipe from Wisconsin From Scratch and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups chopped rhubarb
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a larger bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar, then mix in the melted butter, greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the chopped rhubarb.
4. To make the streusel, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
5. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line wells with paper muffin cups. Divide half of the batter evenly between each of the 12 cups. Top evenly with about ¾ of the streusel, followed by the remaining ½ of the batter. Top muffins with the remaining ¼ of the streusel.
6. Bake muffins at 350 degrees until puffed and golden brown on top, about 30-35 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.