Recipe of the Week - Roast Pork Tenderloin with Fennel & Apples
Posted on December 12, 2018 | Recipe
This roast pork loin recipe from local food blogger Simply Whisked is a perfect way to try cooking with fennel. This anise-y flavored vegetable that can be found at our Holiday Market pairs beautifully with local apples and onions and an herb-slathered pork tenderloin!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pound pork loin
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, sage, garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper to form a paste.
- Rub paste onto pork loin to evenly coat.
- Place fennel, onion, apple and lemon juice in a large baking dish or dutch oven. Stir to combine. Season liberally with salt & pepper.
- Place pork loin on top of mixture and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes – 1 hour 45 minutes or until pork has reached an internal temperature of 145˚F.