Recipe of the Week - Winter Market Salad
Posted on January 08, 2020 | Recipe
This winter market salad recipe from local food blogger Liz from Inspired by the Seasons is the perfect antidote to the grey chill of winter - full of vibrant, crunchy veggies paired with a tangy vinaigrette. Enjoy this simple and vibrant market salad with some crusty bread or top a pulled pork sandwich.
- 1 red cabbage (about 5" in diameter)
- 1 purple topped turnip (about 4" in diameter)
- 1 green apple (any tart, firm variety works)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/3 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T chopped shallots (garlic works too)
Shred or thinly slice the red cabbage, turnip, apple, and carrot. Whisk dressing together until well combined. Toss veggies in bowl and add dressing, starting with 1/4 cup; add more to your family's taste.