Safe Shopper Code of Conduct
Posted on July 25, 2020 | General News
Farmers’ markets are essential. In order for us to continue to connect family farmers and eaters in a safe manner, we need you to help protect public health and safety by following these guidelines for our walk-up market pilot on Willow Island.
#1 – Pick a shopper!
- Please send 1-2 people per household to do your shopping.
- All shoppers must feel healthy and well. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- All shoppers over the age of 5 must wear a mask! If you are unwilling or unable to wear a mask, please participate in one of our drive-thru options.
- Please leave your pets at home if you are participating in our walk-up market; they are welcome to be in your vehicle with you during our drive-thru options.
#2 – Make a plan!
- You may pre-order products from our online marketplace powered by WhatsGood for pick up during our walk-up market on Saturdays.
- Check out our vendor lists, published each week in our e-newsletter, to make a shopping list for your visit to our Saturday Market.
- Bring small currency! Most of our vendors will be accepting cash but in order to be efficient and minimize hand-to-hand contact, please bring small bills.
- Wear sensible shoes. Willow Island is a large gravel area with some hills, valleys, and divots. Please wear sensible shoes and consider using one of our drive-thru options if you’re feeling nervous about walking around on rough terrain.
- There are no customer restrooms on-site.
#3 – Keep your distance!
- We will be enforcing 6 ft physical distancing throughout our market. We are lucky to have ample space, so foot traffic may move in all directions, but please make sure to maintain 6ft physical distancing from other customers and do not congregate.
- Please stay at least three feet away from products.
- Please do not touch the products; only vendors may touch products.
- Per Public Health regulations, we are providing additional space in-between vendor booths. Please do not congregate in these areas.
- While you are welcome to use reusable bags, wagons, etc.; vendors cannot handle reusable bags.
#4 – Follow all instructions!
- Pedestrians will not be allowed on to Willow Island until 9:30 am. Please do not arrive before this time.
- No eating inside of Market. Your purchases will be packaged for you to take home and enjoy.
- We will have several staff members on-site, identifiable by their neon safety vests. Please follow all instructions. They are here to keep us all safe.
- If you ride your bike to Market, please lock it at the provided bike racks or walk it through the market area. You may not ride through the market from 9:30 am until 1:00 pm.
Thank you for your continued support of the Dane County Farmers’ Market and for your good will as we implement these safety measures!