We're Hiring! The DCFM Cookbook is looking for a PR & Marketing Professional
Posted on September 12, 2023 | General News
We've loved sharing the DCFM Cookbook with everyone at the market and we need help sharing the cookbook beyond the Square! Are you an experienced PR or Marketing professional who would like to take on a part-time project helping to extend the reach of the DCFM Cookbook? The DCFM Cookbook PR & Marketing Manager position might be for you!
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCFM Cookbook PR & Marketing Manager
The Dane County Farmers Market Cookbook Committee is contracting for a temporary, part-time PR & Marketing Manager to manage the promotion and sale of the DCFM Cookbook.
The PR & Marketing Manager reports to and works with the DCFM Cookbook Committee, and interfaces/collaborates with DCFM staff, the book publisher, author, and volunteers.
The PR & Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and maximizing opportunities for sales of the DCFM Cookbook. Areas of responsibility include overseeing, special events, publicity and public relations, and developing accounts beyond Madison, WI area.
1. Publicity – Press releases, media interviews, advertising, targeted mailings, soliciting media features, testimonials, book reviews, handling related printed materials, media kits, etc.
2. Develop accounts beyond Madison, WI area.
3. Help determine possibilities for trade distribution companies, Amazon, etc.
4. Working with current DCFM staff on local marketing as needed.
The ideal candidate will have many of the following qualifications,
1. Organizational, managerial, tech and writing skills
2. Experience with Public Relations/Marketing/Sales, especially related to book or cookbook publishing.
3. Advanced education in Marketing/Journalism/Business
4. Solid knowledge of social media and digital marketing skills.
5. People skills
6. Knowledge about the DCFM organization, purpose and its members.
7. Public speaking experience.
8. Enthusiasm for and/or experience in food and cooking.
Time Frame & Schedule:
Temporary Position, estimated to be 6 to 12 months, depending on progress.
Weekly hours will vary, and there will be flexibility. We anticipate that the average will be about 10-15 hours per week with more at the beginning of tenure and for special marketing focuses.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the DCFM Cookbook Committee at email@example.com.