WI Whisk Recipe of the Week - Apple and Pear Salad
Posted from Domestic Dreamboat on November 29, 2017 | Recipe
With the last leftovers of turkey and mashed potatoes eaten, refresh with this tasty salad featuring local greens, apple, pear, and a balsamic maple syrup vinaigrette!
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 oz greens or spinach
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together the maple syrup, balsamic, salt, cinnamon, mustard and pepper. Continue whisking constantly while very slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Divide greens evenly between 2 or 4 bowls. Top each with apple and pear slices, Gorgonzola and walnuts. Drizzle dressing evenly over each bowl.