WI Whisk Recipe of the Week - Brown Buttered Squash with Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
Posted from Things I Made Today on February 02, 2018 | Recipe
The sweetness of the butternut squash is cut nicely with the prosciutto and goat cheese, and the browned butter, well, I don’t think I need to give you a reason for loving it!
- 1 medium-large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 TBS fresh sage, chopped
- 2 - 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 - 6 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss butternut squash in olive oil and salt. Arrange flat on a baking sheet and bake until squash is tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, melt butter over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter starts to brown. Add in bread crumbs and sage, stir well, and remove from heat.
- When squash is done cooking, transfer to browned butter and toss to coat.
- Transfer squash to a serving dish and tear pieces of prosciutto, tucking them between the squash pieces. Crumble goat cheese on top, give it a quick stir, and serve.