WI Whisk Recipe of the Week - Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms and Leeks
Posted from Things I Made Today on December 06, 2017 | Recipe
Cozy up with this perfect winter-time dish featuring local chicken, mushrooms, and leeks!
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2½ - 3 pounds bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 large leeks, washed and trimmed, white and light green parts sliced thin
- 1½ pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 TBS whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken thighs with ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, then place into oil, skin side down. Cook until skin is nicely browned, about 5-6 minutes, then flip and brown on other side for an additional 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add leeks to pot and let soften for about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their juices, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together crème fraîche, chicken broth, and mustard. Add mixture to vegetables and stir. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs back into vegetables, coating them with some of the sauce. Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Let cool slightly to allow sauce to thicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.