WI Whisk Recipe of the Week - Sweet Potato Tacos
Posted from Inspired by the Seasons on January 04, 2018 | Recipe
Roasting sweet potatoes makes them the star of this taco recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 corn tortillas
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or if frozen, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 T lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 T freshly chopped cilantro
To prepare sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 large sweet potato into 1/2" wedges.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1 T olive oil until evenly coated.
- Place sweet potatoes on a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in oven for 25- 30 minutes, flipping half way through
To prepare black bean corn salsa, combine black beans, corn, green onions, 1 T fresh lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt and set aside.
To prepare cilantro lime sour cream, combine sour cream, fresh cilantro, and 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice and set aside.
Assemble all the above in a 8" corn tortilla starting with the sweet potatoes and serve.