Posted on June 22, 2017 | Vendor Profile
6 Juicy QuestionsGet to know your favorite DCFM members!
|Photo from Facebook/HarmonyValleyFarm
Member: Andrea Yoder, pictured above with co-owner Richard de Wilde, Harmony Valley Farm
Years with the DCFM: Many!
- What's your favorite product you grow and why? I love seasonal eating and cooking! So, I'm going to cheat and name my favorite vegetable of each season. Spring - asparagus. Summer - sweet peppers. Fall - Tat Soi. Winter - carrots.
- What is your favorite part of the Dane County Farmers' Market? The customers! I love seeing our weekly shoppers, chatting with them about their families, recipes, cooking, etc. They bring a very special 'energy' to the day.
- If you weren't a farmer what would your occupation be and why? A storm chaser...because I'm intrigued by weather and want to experience the 'eye of the storm'.
- What's your favorite word? Eat!
- What's your current indulgence? Sleeping 7-8 hours each night. (Editor's note: Andrea answered these questions in the very late winter when sleep was probably a bit more abundant.)
- What's one thing patrons wouldn't know about you? I grew up on a dairy farm and attended Purdue University.