Recipe of the Week - Cheesy Zucchini Fritters
Posted on August 01, 2018 | Recipe
Savor local zucchini in this crispy and savory fritter recipe from The Gourmet RD. (Plus anything served with a spicy mayo dip is a dinner win!)
- 3-4 medium zucchini, shredded (about 2 ½ cups)
- ½ + ¼ tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1-2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp. dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- Place shredded zucchini and ½ teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl. Allow to sit 10 minutes. Place zucchini in a large kitchen towel, wrap it up and twist, and squeeze water into the sink. Once zucchini is mostly dry, place it back into the mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, eggs, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast flakes and herbs and spices until thoroughly combined.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Form zucchini mixture into a patty and place in the hot oil. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until each side is browned and crispy. Repeat with remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve with spicy mayo (4 Tbsp. mayo + 2 tsp. Sriracha).