Local Food Pick Up Pilot - Week 3
Posted on April 03, 2020 | General News
The next local food pick up will take place on Wednesday, April 8th from 3 to 6:30 pm. We have expanded our pick-up hours by 90 minutes to create a pick-up slot specifically for bicyclists and pedestrian pre-orders AND to create a pick-up slot specifically for patrons who ordered from 5 or more vendors. This will both improve efficiency and also enhance the safety of our customers.
This is still a Local Food Pick Up - not a farmers' market. The basic gist? You check out the vendor and product list (link provided below), place your pre-orders with each farmer individually by 7 pm on Tuesday, and day-of drive-up and our farmers place your orders inside your vehicle. Many of our farmers are offering fun bundles too that will keep your pantry, freezer, and bellies full!
Here's how it works:
- Check out which farmers are participating, what products they are offering, and how to connect with them. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
- Place orders directly by 7 pm on Tuesday with any (and all!) of the farmers from whom you would like to purchase products. Most will also arrange virtual payment. If not, pre-written checks should be written and bring them the day-of to hand off. We will accept EBT payments. If you wish to pay with EBT, please place your pre-order and then the day of the Local Food Pick Up, we will complete the EBT transaction.
- Before coming to the pick-up, write your LAST NAME and the FARM NAMES of whom you ordered from on a piece of paper and tape it to a passenger side window that you will not use during the pick-up. This will help staff and vendors identify your order quickly.
- On Wednesday, April 8, between 3pm and 6:30pm - during your assigned time slot shown below - come to the parking lot of the Garver Feed Mill to pick up your products. Customers may not exit their vehicles. Customers that live nearby or are taking the bus can walk up between 6-6:30pm.
We have assigned pick-ups based upon the first letter of your last name.
- Patrons who ordered from 5 or more vendors (of any last name) = 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- A thru F = 4:00 - 4:30pm
- G thru L = 4:30 - 5:00pm
- M thru R = 5:00 - 5:30pm
- S thru Z = 5:30 - 6:00pm
- All bicycle and pedestrian pre-order pick-ups = 6:00 - 6:30 pm
- Reminder that if you cannot make your time slot, due to a conflict, that is okay. We are simply trying to spread out the pick-ups.
During our pick-up pilot this Wednesday, some Garver Feed Mill tenants will also be offering select products for pre-order and curbside pick-up! Order with Ian's Pizza, Surya Cafe, Ledger Coffee, and NessAlla Kombucha.
We will be maintaining very strict precautionary measures:
- Cash transactions are prohibited.
- Vendors booths will be spaced at least 10 feet apart from each other.
- Only one customer may visit a vendor at a time.
- All customers must maintain proper social distances between other customers and DCFM vendors
- All products will be pre-bagged.
- DCFM vendors will be taking extra precautions to disinfect all surfaces every 15 minutes.
Thanks for participating and supporting your local farmers. Stay well!