Attention all FoodShare participants: Double Dollars kicks off July 1st!
Posted on June 24, 2020 | General News
Double Dollars starts Wednesday, July 1st!
The Madison Area Farmers’ Market Double Dollars is a program for SNAP/FoodShare users. The program offers a dollar for dollar match for all SNAP purchases up to $25 per market day.
The Dane County Farmers' Market has adapted market operations in response to COVID-19. In place of an open air market, we are hosting Local Food Pick Ups on Wednesdays and Saturdays at Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center. SNAP users can use their EBT benefits and participate in Double Dollars at our Local Food Pick Ups! Here's how:
- Create an account on WhatsGood. Download the WhatsGood app or create
an account at sourcewhatsgood.com.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the first name, last name, and email associated with your WhatsGood account and let us know that you are a SNAP/EBT customer. We then work with you to label your account as SNAP eligible.
- Find the Dane County Farmers’ Market online store under ‘Markets’ once you are logged in. Click ‘Start Shopping from this Market’ and select your pick up date. (Note you can browse products, but you cannot purchase outside the store hours.)
- Add your desired items to your cart and at check out click 'Pay Later with SNAP'.
- When you arrive to the Pick Up, you will drive up to the starred EBT booth (shown on map). Our EBT staff person will calculate your Double Dollars match based on the amount of your SNAP purchases and swipe your card for the balance remaining. For example, a $60 pre-order on our online store will be matched $1 for $1 up to $25. $25 is provided as a match and $35 will be deducted from the patron's EBT card.
- After swiping your card at the EBT booth, you then drive thru the pick up and our farmers contactlessly place your purchases in your vehicle.
Important note: because next week's pick ups occur during the Double Dollars season (July 1st and July 4th respectively), you do not need to worry about your actual pre-ordering occuring on a date earlier than the Double Dollars season. In other words, because you are swiping your card at the pick up on July 1st and July 4th, you can place your pre-order at any time and can count on the Double Dollars match being provided.
With Double Dollars, shoppers win, vendors win, farmers’ markets win, and our community wins! For more information about the DCFM's EBT services and Double Dollars, visit our FoodShare/EBT webpage.